At our institute a comprehensive eye check up helps us catch the disease in unsuspecting cases even before the person is aware of symptoms like frequent change of glasses, poor dark adaptation, headache mistaken to be migraine etc.
First Eye Examination of ChildInfants must have an eye examination during their first 12 months of life. Choose a time when he or she is usually alert and happy.
Preparing Child for the First CheckupIt is advisable to demonstrate & explain to the child what will happen during a vision check-up. This will help to reduce any anxiety your small child might be experiencing. It also helps to learn about your child’s specific fears and concerns so that you can take corrective measures ahead of time.
Psychological Problems with Undiagnosed Vision ProblemsChildren who have undiagnosed vision problems can suffer from low self-esteem. They can become frustrated more easily, have trouble concentrating on reading, feel stupid, experience frequent headaches, or rub their eyes until they smart. Once their vision is corrected, children with eyeglasses hold their heads high and exude confidence—if their parents are positive and supportive.
- Act out some of the procedure to guess the worries that your child might not be able to articulate.
- Reassure your child that you will be there with him or her during the entire procedure.
- Make your child realize that the check-up is not a punishment but rather a way to guarantee the healthiest vision possible.
- Respect the wishes of an older child who might not want you to be present during the procedure. Privacy is important to adolescents and should be protected.
- Inform your eye doctor if you have a family history of eye problems requiring vision correction, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness (refractive errors), lazy eye (squint/weak eye), or eye diseases.
Making Child comfortable with Spectacles
- The child needs to have a nice feeling after wearing specs. Thin, lightweight plastic and photochromic lenses, and so many neat frames, can make your child feel enthusiastic about wearing glasses to emulate older kids or express an individual sense of style.
- Photochromic lenses, which change from light to dark when ultraviolet light is present, provide 100% protection from harmful UV rays and glare. This makes child enthusiastic to wear glasses. Children like to wear glasses that darken in the sun.
- Make certain that your child feels a part of the frame selection process. Nothing is more important in terms of getting children to wear their glasses and take better care of them as well.
Protecting Children’s eyes from sunAbout 80 percent of a person’s lifetime sun exposure occurs before the age of 18. Photochromic lenses, which change from light to dark when ultraviolet light is present, have an eye health advantage by providing 100% protection from harmful UV rays and glare. And they do it automatically, which eliminates the need for kids to keep track of two pairs of glasses — regular glasses and sunglasses.
Common Eye Problems in ChildrenEye tests and general examinations often are conducted to detect the possible presence of these types of eye problems commonly found in young children: Decreased vision your Childs’s eye may have some vision problem. The child should be examined to provide the best possible vision with glasses.
Lazy eye (amblyopia)Your child’s eyes should be examined for early detection of vision problems such as lazy eye or amblyopia, in which one eye is weaker than the other. With amblyopia, eye patching often is used to help strengthen the weaker eye. Unfortunately, amblyopia is not always correctable with eyeglasses or contact lenses and may require eye patching to strengthen the weaker eye
- Problems with muscle control in the affected eye or eyes. If strabismus persists in young children, a condition known as lazy eye or amblyopiacan develop along with related vision problems.
- Inability to maintain alignment of both eyes for correct focus as distant objects move nearer (convergence insufficiency).
Focusing (accommodation), color vision, and/or depth perception problemsThe eye doctor may also test your child’s focusing ability. The child’s depth perception or ability to gauge distances between objects may also be examined. Color vision may be tested through methods such as placing a dot pattern of symbols within a pattern of dots made up of other colors.
General eye and eyelid healthTo assess a child’s general eye health, the eye doctor will examine his or her eyelids and lid margins, looking for shape irregularity and discharge on the lashes or lid margins. The eye doctor may turn the lower lids inside out (evert) to look for abnormal or infected eyelash follicles, bumps (papillae), discharge, and swelling . Your eye doctor may examine the cornea,iris& lens to look for cloudiness (opacities) or other irregularities.
Signs of Vision Problems in a child
- Frequent squinting
- Cloudy cornea
- Unequal pupil size
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Eyes that don’t move together
- Crossed eyes
- Eyes that jiggle
- Difficulty seeing far objects
- Drooping eyelids
- Eyes that itch or burn
- Frequent headaches
- Looking off to the side
- The need to hold small objects very close
- Consistently sitting too close to the TV or holding a book too close
- Losing his or her place while reading
- Using a finger to follow along while reading
- Tilting the head to see better
- Frequent eye rubbing
- Sensitivity to light
- Excessive tearing
- Closing one eye to read, watch TV or see better
- Complaining of headaches or tired eyes
- Receiving lower grades than usual
- Avoiding activities that require near vision, such as reading or homework, or distance vision, such as participating in sports or other recreational activities
Mrs Balbir SinghPatiala
Well trained courteous staff. God gifted doctor Khanna who excels in establishing a bond with the patient; has all the good qualities topped by being a very good human being. May this hospital reach greater heights!
After golden temple, Border, Third busy thing to see the discipline of your hospital.
Vikram Garg40 AID Gandhi Nagar, Jammu, J&K
The appreciation for this organization cannot be expressed in words. I always felt that they believe in service and not profit. Its appear as the almighty has a hand over them. Their services way of talking, treatment, administration, co-ordination, public dealing, comfort/ attitude is out of the world and exemplary. May God bless each & every one associated with this organ & may this organization grows by leaps & bounds, seeing the suavity at large.
Roshni Sachdev112, Shakti Nagar, Amritsar
I think that Doctor’s are God. Because they give us light. If God forget to give us complete and clear vision and I think that Intralase LASIK is a very much good option for the people who have weak eyesight. I thought that why I delayed this and wasted my life suffering because of sight. I thank great doctor Ajay Khanna that I will live with my full eyesight and enjoy my life with this Doctor’s Gift.
Ashok KathuriaPNB, Sultanwind Road, Amritsar
Today my sweet daughter Ishu Kathuria was admitted for LASIK Laser. It is commonly heard that doctors are next to God. After seeing the hospital decorum services of all staff, particularly of Dr. Ajay Khanna are highly appreciable. As per my view, Doctor’s are more than God. I pray to God for all the success of the doctors in future also. Thanks a lot.
Bhagdeep Singh GillEugene, OR –97405, U.S.A.
I really like the way that how they treat the patients. The way he talks to patients and feel cozy with him. Thanks doctor.Wish you all the best in future. I hope your hospital will make a good position or place in this country.
Dr. Manon Anand651 Basant Avenue, Amritsar
Found this institution one of the best in eye care.
Karamjit SinghHarjeet K. Batth, Tracy, California, U.S.A.
Excellent service with respect.
Anil V SinghI.R.S D-2, Central Revenue Colony, Lawerence Road, Amritsar.
Your is a truly a remarkable institution. The care is top class; the staff friendly and professional. I am really impressed and wish that in years to come this institution will get world recognition.
Sumeet Singh ThindB/S Ice Factory, Roop Nagar, Gate Hakima, Amritsar
Excellent Service, 5 star facilities in every aspect.