DR. MEENA KUMARI
Reg. No : 12095
Gender : Female
Hospital : Om Parkash Eye Institute
Location : Amritsar
Languages Spoken : English, Hindi and Punjabi
- Meena Kumari did her MBBS from AIIMS New Delhi (1988-1993) and MD Ophthalmology from RP Centre (AIIMS, New Delhi) (1994-1996) She worked at St. Stephen’s Hospital, New Delhi (1997-2000)., where about apart from doing more than 1000 ELLB and IOLs, she also did trabeculectomies, Squint Surgeries, DCRs and other oculoplastic procedures.
- She has been working in Dr. Om Parkash Eye Institute since 2002 as a head of Cornea Dept. where she is routinely doing Keratoplasties, Amniotic membrane transplantations, suture less pterygium surgeries (with tissue glue), ocular surface tumour surgeries and ocular trauma surgeries.
- She underwent a short training course in phacoemulsification from Shroff Charity Eye Hospital
Awards & Accomplishments:
She has presented papers such as
- Radial Keratotomy-A comparative study of centripetal incision direction versus centrifugal incision direction (DOS)
- Paper on Facts & Myths in Eye Donation (NZOS)
- Case Reports in Uveitis(NZOS), been a speaker on Talks in Corneoscleral perforation Repair-Suturing Techniques and management of Uveitis in Amritsar Ophthalmology Society(CME)
Speciality Cornea and UVEA
Degrees MS Ophthalmology